12 Dec, 2007

Ike Turner RIP (1931 – 2007)

Posted by: Dave In: Music

Ike Turner

Ike Turner passed away today in his home in California.  He was 76 years old.

According to sources, Tina Turner did NOT smother him with a pillow or beat him with a shoe.

He died of natural causes.

Really.

Link (Via Pitchfork Media)

8 Responses to "Ike Turner RIP (1931 – 2007)"

1 | epiphenita

December 12th, 2007 at 9:23 pm

how the hell did ike turner get to be 76? it was like, just a minute ago he was all, that bitch deserved it and shit. wow. 76. well, i won’t be whining about how the hell did he get to be 77, will i?

December 12th, 2007 at 9:43 pm

I wonder if he’s going to put a beat-down on angels in the afterlife for not fixing his supper fast enough?

3 | Barbara

December 13th, 2007 at 8:01 am

Well, poor ole Ike is gone. Wonder if he ever suffered elderly abuse?

Oh, I’m stopping in because I saw you featured on The Bayou’s 10 Texas Blogs You Should Read.

December 13th, 2007 at 9:52 am

Welcome, Barbara. I must say I was shocked to be listed in The Bayou’s top 10 picks.

They’re nice folks.

Regarding Ike Turner…I believe in karma. What comes around goes around. If you spend your life throwing punches, eventually life will punch back.

5 | Joshua

December 14th, 2007 at 12:26 pm

It only took 76 years for life to punch back. I’d hardly call that “karma.”

December 14th, 2007 at 2:08 pm

He may be spending eternity beaten in the head with Tina Turner’s platinum records while the devil sings “Private Dancer” to him.

You never know.

7 | Nathan

December 14th, 2007 at 8:40 pm

ya know, Josh and i were just talking about giving you shit on your blog, and look! he’s giving you shit! maybe he is an honorary Herrold after all?
good zing Dauber!
i’m typing this without pants!

8 | dave

December 11th, 2009 at 7:30 pm

karma did get him bac he went to jail for a very long time