26 May, 2008

Gas Buddy

Posted by: Dave In: Business |Places |Travel |Web

Gas Buddy

No, this is not a pill or a new type of underwear, it is a website that tracks the price of gas by county across the United States.  Green is good.  Red is bad.

Check out Gas Buddy here.

– Dave

8 Responses to "Gas Buddy"

1 | TDH

May 26th, 2008 at 2:25 pm

Au contraire, red is good. Americans are actually taking buses and buying smaller cars. Stupid politicians are trying to suck up with eliminating gas taxes, without pointing out how to pay for roads, one might note. It is, after all, a non-renewable resource. Sooner or later it will get worse, and sooner means more adjustment time and better planning. About time.

2 | Nathan

May 26th, 2008 at 3:26 pm

Amen brother. sister?

May 26th, 2008 at 3:37 pm

You’re not being very sensitive to my need to drive a monster truck to work each day with the swinging plastic balls hanging from the trailer hitch.

GOD, GAS & GUNS!

4 | TDH

May 26th, 2008 at 4:05 pm

Brother.

And Dave, I can’t keep up with the sexual lingo you kids are using these days, but let’s keep it clean. Plastic balls and trailer hitches indeed.

Gas here runs somewhere between about $7.50 and $8.50 a gallon, depending on the exchange rate and if you use diesel. Doesn’t stop you from seeing an insane number of Ferraris and Maseratis around, though. Bentleys, too.

5 | Lyndon LaRouche

May 27th, 2008 at 2:02 pm

First thing I would do is double the gas tax.

May 27th, 2008 at 2:25 pm

Texans would beat down your doors with pitchforks and torches if you tried that.

You dope smoking hippies!

7 | Spanna

May 29th, 2008 at 8:49 pm

Well, spare a thought for the rest of the world! I am sick of America – in particular – being isolated from the true cost of commodities by its government – and then the Gov getting deep into debt – and then that trickles down through the populous – hence the squeeze.. oh I really don’t care NOW cos NOW the Aussie dollar has almost hit parity! aaahhhhh – that means they will not be visiting us in droves – ooo yeah – shield the yanks shield them shield them!
ahehaehahehaeaehahehaeh Oh and here’s our Fuel comparisons: I saw Diesel the other day for $1.799 per LITRE -thereare around 4 L per gallon, and petrol, 91% O2 was at $1.699 per L….. to there you are :) CHEERS!

May 29th, 2008 at 10:39 pm

Spanna, my tongue is planted firmly in my cheek, by the way. I agree with you. We’ve had it far too good over the last several decades with respect to our gas prices.

The problem is, so much of our economy is based upon petroleum products that the financial squeeze is felt in nearly every market.

If only we had an new engine that ran on foreign spite for America, (perhaps 4 miles per scoff) we’d be millionaires our energy problems would be over.

Thanks for stopping by the blog. Hope you come back. I’m usually more silly than serious around here.