14 Jul, 2009

The Colony: reality TV apocalypse

Posted by: Dave In: TV

I’m not sure which is worse: post-apocalyptic cannibal zombies or the TV executives who dream up this stuff.

– Dave

8 Responses to "The Colony: reality TV apocalypse"

1 | Nathan

July 15th, 2009 at 12:59 pm

Ahh, the warm glow of fear.

2 | Nathan

July 15th, 2009 at 1:02 pm

Oh, and Eppy mentioned this show on story-games…sort of.

July 15th, 2009 at 11:25 pm

I wonder which one of them is “the cannibal” in this gritty post-apocalyptic scenario? I would immediately attempt to eat the weakest cast member on the show.

I wonder if that would get me “kicked off the island?”

4 | Nathan

July 16th, 2009 at 2:59 pm

Ya know, a few years ago, when Bill and I were watching Survivor, the first season, which is the best one really, he not surprisingly commented on how quickly he’d take to cannibalism.
I was joking that before the boat even hit the island, someone would be mysteriously missing.
That’s Bill.
I wonder if he watches the Office, ‘cuz he is so Dwight Schrute.

September 23rd, 2009 at 8:25 pm

Watched most all the shows. And found it interesting and somewhat informative. But the reality of a bunch of highly educated “survivors” banding together in an end of world situation…not going to happen. Most likely, people will be like the ‘marauders’…preying upon each other. People will be killed on the spot for something as simple as a glass of water, or for the shoes on their feet! Mostly I think the show was an eye-opener for what is about to come in the not too distant future….So get ready folks….For it will be ….’Day of the Dog’!

6 | Nathan

September 24th, 2009 at 4:35 am

I liked Angry Republican Man, Black Liberal Martial Arts Woman, Crazy Mad Scientist, Foreign Guy, X-Con Handyman and Whiny Nurse.
If only you’re next disaster could be so well cast.

What, you don’t think everyone can make a Telsa coil?
Screw stealing their food and water, that Mad Scientist Guy was a goldmine!
I would put him in a cage and force him to do his crazy science-magic.

7 | Nathan

September 24th, 2009 at 4:41 am

Oh, and I would feed him other members of his “tribe”.
I thought that that last bit mighta been understood.

“Do your science-magic for me, or no Foreign Guy for you!”

“He’s de-liiiiiiiii-cious.”

8 | Nathan

September 24th, 2009 at 4:55 am

Oh and, instead of calling him Crazy Mad Scientist Guy, I would call him Lucky.
As in lucky I’m not eating you.